Forums » Suggestions

New Wall

• Tom
    • 77 posts
    May 28, 2014 12:36 AM PDT

We improved the wall for a better experience :

- Tagging Friends. Allows  to mention friends in wall posts by tagging friends names, just include the `@` symbol beforehand and start typing, Wall displays a drop down list that allows to choose from of friends list.

- Photo Viewer. Any photo in the plugin can be displayed on the same page in an attractive photo viewer like on Facebook & Google+. You can do the following things on the photo viewer:

- Quick and easy to interact - no need to scroll down to comment or like photos, these options are located on the right sidebar;
    - Easily navigate by left-right buttons;
    - Keyboard shortcuts are supported: Left, Right, Esc;
    - Full Screen view of photos;
    - Nice Photos Slideshow with option to pause;
    - All photos option allows to view photos listing from this album;
    - View title and description of photos;
    - Attractive buttons to Like, Comment and Share photos increases interaction;
    - Easy to leave and view comments in each photo;
    - Like and unlike photos;
    - Share and Report photo;
    - Make profile photo;
    - Add tags;
    - Download the photo;
    - Edit the photo;

- Profile Information Popup. It is a nice tip shown on mouse over on member thumbnail or link, like you can see on Facebook. It contains profile(member or page) photo, name, likes and links - Add to friends, Like.

- Auto-load activity on roll down. It is not needed to click on `Load more` link, it is enough to roll down and wall automatically loads more activity, like you do on Facebook and Google+.

- Smiles. Now you can express your emotions using smiles in wall posts.

- And some features you'll discover...
    • 152 posts
    June 10, 2014 10:20 PM PDT
    New server seems slower than before.
    New picture system is unwieldy.
    Searches are slow.
    These "unimprovements" probably would drive me back to Saggerworld if that site were available today. They still may.
    I'm disappointed in your designers. Very
  • Tom
    • 77 posts
    June 10, 2014 10:41 PM PDT
    Hey I see it's not perfect and I'm always working with the host for a faster site...
    The photo viewer let you navigate easily through pictures... sorry you don't like it...
    • 152 posts
    July 6, 2014 4:22 PM PDT
    Tom!
    What HAVE you done?! Cleaner format, seems faster and easier to navigate. Whatever you've done, it's JUST GREAT!!!
    Because I dissed the earlier upgrade/change/whatever, I've got to tell you that I sure like the new format. A LOT. THANKS!!
    • 8 posts
    July 6, 2014 8:50 PM PDT
    I'm totally with lo2go, the new wall is a very welcome change, works great when browsing from an iphone too, especially the photo browser now, wonder addition!!
  • September 13, 2014 11:47 AM PDT
    Hi. Can't use search for members or see what country they are in on their profile......i didnt know what it was like before but thought you may appreciate some feedback :)
    • 152 posts
    September 13, 2014 2:35 PM PDT
    Hi, londonsagger,
    I just looked you and a couple other members up on search, checked their profiles and found what country you and they live in.
    Are you sure you're using the Search function correctly? For instance, names have to be spelled exactly correctly (I've found out the hard way a few times).
    Tom surely can walk you through the function, and profiles, or PM me and we can set up a time on chat to go through it.
    Caveat: occasionally, rarely, I can't call up an active member; don't know why. Well over 90% of the time, it works for me. Hope it soon will for you, also.
  • September 13, 2014 5:16 PM PDT
    On my s4 mobile....on my laptop its fine.
    • 152 posts
    September 13, 2014 10:31 PM PDT
    Sounds like a phone limitation; you may need somebody who speaks Samsung. (Mine is Samsung, but not smart like yours.)
    • 9 posts
    September 13, 2014 11:55 PM PDT
    @londonsagger When using the mobile site, you can indeed not see what country people are from. Simply press the "standard site" button on the bottom of the page. You have now arrived on the full site.

The full site is not optimized for mobile phones, liking pictures for example, is then impossible, but you can see what country people are from.

Method works fine on my note 3 with google chrome mobile browser.

~Blackshadowman